You can group data by one or more columns in a grid to summarize information in various ways.
To group columns:
- Go to the grid you want to work with.
- Click a column header you want to group by.
- Hold the mouse button and drag the column up to the Group By bar labeled “Drag a column header here to group by that column” (above the grid headers).
- Release the mouse button to drop the column onto the bar. The grid will group the data by that column.
Note*: If you use multiple columns, the grid will order the data according to the order of columns dropped onto the Group By bar.
To remove column grouping:
- Click on a column header you want to remove from the Group By bar.
- Drag it from the bar back to the grid column header row.
- Drop the column header back where it came from or in a new location if you would prefer. As you move the column header a blue vertical line will show you where the column will be placed if you drop it.
To expand/collapse group rows:
- Go to the grid groupings.
- Within the grid, navigate to the column headers under which the data is grouped.
- Click the down arrow beside the column header to collapse the details of that column.
- Click the right-pointing arrow beside the column header to expand the details of that column.
Note*: Groupings are not retained after you leave the page.